A variety of extra-mural activities and programmes find their place during the Sedaven Primary School academic year. The following can be mentioned here:
Various sporting events
Two things should be kept in mind when one considers the Sedaven Primary School sport activities
- The Sedaven Primary School sport policy is rooted in its education philosophy which places an emphasis on sport for enjoyment and recreation purposes rather than sport for competition.
- Sedaven Primary School is a relatively small school (approximately 185 learners, spread from pre-school to grade 7). It is therefore quite difficult to put properly constituted school teams together when interacting with other schools on the sportsfield.
Having mentioned the above factors, Sedaven Primary does still annually feature the following sports activities:
- Athletics in the first quarter (1 Feb)
- Gala Fun Day in the first quarter (14 Feb)
- Adventure Mountain Run in the second quarter (26 April)
- Soccer and Netball in the second quarter (16 May)
- Boeresport "Fun Day" 25 October
- Athletics together with Presda Primary (from Pretoria) and Paterson Park Primary (from Johannesburg)( 6 March)
- Gala usually in Johannesburg, again with Presda and Pateron Park participating.
- Soccer and netball in the second quarter
- Cross Country in the third quarter
School Play (Grade 7)
- Third quarter and again at the gr 7 dedication evening
- Throughout the year
All of these activities - and some others which are not mentioned here - make up the Sedaven Primary School extra-mural programme. This extra-mural programme is designed so that it can complement and enrich the classroom teaching programme and thus contribute to achieving a "balanced" education. This, again, is one of the cornerstones of the Seventh-day Adventist education philosopy.
Please refer to the Master Plan Schedule to see the specific sporting and other extra-mural activities that are planned for 2013
RETURN TO WHO WE ARE